Saturday 18 September 2010

Lili's Lilacs

I had a very enjoyable night last night designing a couple of cards using the Lili of the Valley Thursday Challenge sketch and my new LOTV stamps.  The two cards below are based on variations of the sketch provided, and are both using some lovely lilac papers that I got from my local craft shop.  It's not easy to see from the pics, but they are satin finish papers which give a real sheen to the cards.

The first one is my current favourite stamp (as it reminds me of Pingu !!)  These little guys are so adorable and the image is a beautiful design. I love it, and hope you like it too!

The overall backing paper is a satin finish pale lilac, and the darker strips are purple satin paper decorated with an edging punch.  The snowflake punchies are in silver card which has not shown particularly in the photo, but the little lilac roses finish it off nicely.  This is probably one of my favourite cards (so far!).


The next design (below) is also based on the same sketch but is a get well card, using another really lovely stamp by LOTV.  I used a crimping tool to give the papers some texture and used similar colours as the above design.  Hope you like it.




Thanks for visiting Nettys Cards


3 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

This is so pretty honey in gorgeous colours, thank you for joining us at LOTV hugs Pops x xx

Marcea said...

what gorgeous cards. Your use of the sketch is wonderful. Great colours and details. Thanks for playing along on LOTV
-x-

cats whiskers said...

Thanks for joining us at LOTV this week, especially with two such cute cards.
Hugs
Jacqui x