Wednesday 13 June 2012

I like to ride my bicycle ...

Just in time for Father's day this Sunday, this is the first guy's card that I actually like, even with the lack of anything remotely pink, glittered or floral on it.  I really like the simple sketch and I've added a couple of buttons that I've had for well over a year, plus a fence die that I've not used for ages either.

I really must use my dies more often.    One of my favourite blogs to visit is the lovely Alison, and she uses so many beautiful dies on her cards, I pledge to use mine more every time I see her wonderful creations.  I'm starting off with a simple one with my little fence !!!




See my cards available to buy on eBay
eBay


Card Recipe:
  • Image - Edwin with Bike
  • Papers - First Edition
  • Colouring - Promarkers, Copics, Sakura Stardust Gel pens, Dovecraft Shimmer chalks
  • Memory Box die - Wrought Iron Fence
  • From my stash - Buttons, ribbon, white gel pen
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting.

9 comments:

Doreen said...

This is such a lovely card,gorgeous image.xxx

Shirley said...

Great Father's Day card! I love the colours!

Thank you for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky!

xxxtglxxx said...

Smashing boy card Netty :) Love the check papers and the fence detail is fab! :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Mojca said...

Ohhhh beautiful card Annette. You used really lovely papers and I just adore your coloring of the image. Gorgeous. Hugs! Mojca

Iulia said...

Totally adorable, Annette! Haven't seen this Edwin before, he's handsome:)
Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Magnolia!
Hugs, Iulia

Christine said...

Hi Annette gorgeous sweet EDWIN creation sadly it dosent qualify for the Totally Tilda chall.. you do need to use a TILDA image..Edwin is only allowed if he is accompanied by Tilda.. hope to see you soon at Totally Tilda chall.

thanks for sharing Christine TT DT entry manager

Vicky said...

Such a sweet Edwin, and so beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining in or Fathers Day theme at Fab'n'Funky this week

hugs Vicky x x x

Lisa Minckler said...

Ohhh, I'm so glad I came over for a closer look. On my desktop with the little bitty thumbnail image, it looked like he was doing the 'potty dance.' I thought to myself, "No, that can't be...well...it's Annette, so maybe..." LOL...OH, there's a bike there!!!! Now I get it. AWESOME card A. Holy wow I love your coloring and that fence and what a flippin cool embellishment.

me xx

Rach83 said...

Great card, Annette. Lovely colouring and your fence adds great dimension.

Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges. Be sure to check out the blog tomorrow for a brand new challenge.

Rachel x