Wednesday 6 June 2012

Tilda Flower Girl with Petals

A mix of old and new stash is in use today, and another card to share.  I've had the papers for ages (I think they were free with a magazine), but the card base is a new acquisition (winnings from a challenge - YAY!), the flowers were a recent indulgence from Wild Orchid Craft, and the pin is one that I made myself over the weekend.

I've got a little tip too, one that my TTT teamie Samantha shared earlier this week, but it is one that I use often and I think it is worthy of another mention.  When I'm using my nesties, I use the die to cut out the image panel, and then instead of running it back through with the embossing mats, I run my dry embossing tool around the inside of the image on the reverse side, to make the embossed mark around the edge of the panel.  Then, I use the die again to cut the outer panel (the coloured one that the white image panel sits on), lightly tape it to the card, and cut around the outside with a craft knife.  I find that the next size of nestie is too large, and creates too much frame around the image, plus on some of my images, I've already used the largest nestie and there is not a larger one to make the panel to matt the image onto.



This card is available to buy on my eBay listings
eBay


Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
Happy Crafting

20 comments:

Andrea said...

what a beautiful card i saw it on i love promarker sand had to hop over thank you for sharing your beautiful work ii is cards like your that give me inspiration thank you

Candy C said...

Netty, your card is darling. I love your die cut around your precious little Tilda. She is colored so cute to match the papers and flowers you've added. Such a sweet card! Thanks for sharing your work with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous card. I really MUST learn to do background colouring - mine is horrendous!

Deanne :)

Sue said...

beautiful card, such lovely colours

sue

Suzanne said...

great colours and lovely card, thanks for the nestie tip too, suzanne stamptacular challenge blog

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the image and fab details.xxx

Mojca said...

Such a cute image, just love Magnolia! And thanks for the tip about the nestis have to try it your way. Hugs! Mojca

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Netty. Perfect for a little girl. Thanks for joining this weeks challenge at I ♥ ProMarkers
Lorraine x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Very pretty card , love the die cut that Tilda is sitting on and lovely colouring. Beautiful flowers too. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Andrea said...

This is really pretty. Thanks for joining us at the Ribbon Girl Card Challenge for June, Andrea x

Andrea said...

This is really pretty. Thanks for joining us at the Ribbon Girl Card Challenge for June, Andrea x

xxxtglxxx said...

Really pretty card Annette :) Love your colouring of Tilda and that shape of card is fab!

Great tips too hun - TFS!

hugs

xxalisonxx

xxxtglxxx said...

Really pretty card Annette :) Love your colouring of Tilda and that shape of card is fab!

Great tips too hun - TFS!

hugs

xxalisonxx

Bernie said...

Gorgeous card Netty! Beautifully colored, so perfect for a little girl.
Hugs

debby4000 said...

Absolutely gorgeous.
luv
Debby

Christine L said...

Lovely card Annette.... fab colouring.... and thanks for the tip.. though I'm not sure I'm steady enough with a craft knife!! LOL

Hugs
Christine x

Exclusively by Mel said...

Beautiful card Annette, love the pretty DP. Your Tilda is gorgeous, thanks so much for joining us at Totally Tilda.
Love,melly. xxx

Karen said...

Very pretty Annette, love the clouds too, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

Tammy said...

Love the soft colours - gorgeous. Tilda is coloured beautifully. Thank you for joining us at TT. Good Luck. Hugs xx

Becky said...

This is so pretty
Thanks for joining us for this challenge at
Totally Tilda
Hugs, Becky x