Wednesday 13 February 2013

Nikki CASE'd

We're half way through our 'CASE' theme at ABC Christmas Challenge and I've cased one of my teamies' cards this time (instead of one of my own, d'oh!!).  I chose quite a C&S design which I usually find hard to do, but I really loved the cross-stitched twine accents on this layout.

I've used an image that I've had for a while, but I don't think I've used her yet.  I've added a few pearls and some sewing around the borders of each layer, but otherwise the layout is unchanged. No ribbons, no flowers, yet I am still pleased with the result.

See, I don't need to splatter it with embellies after all.

Well, not every time anyway.

Here's my card ...


And below is Samantha's fab original card that I CASE'd.  Her layout was really lovely to work with, and I've never hand stitched on a card before.  I love Samantha's C&S style and in the main I did copy her card apart from the pearls and a bit of stitching. Thanks Samantha for the lovely inspiration, however, I have to apologise as she doesn't like pink (I know, she's quite clearly a crazy lady) but I just had to sneak some pink in my version I'm afraid!

Samantha's original card:



See my cards available to buy on eBay

eBay


Guest Designer Call
While I've got your attention, there is a Guest Designer Call at The Stamp Basket. Pop over to their blog for the full details on how to enter.



Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting.

8 comments:

Doreen said...

This is beautiful,such a lovely image and coloured perfectly.xxx

Mojca said...

Waw she is coloured beautifully Annette. Really gorgeous layout too. hugs! Mojca

Dorte said...

She is so very sweet, great CAS card.
hugs Dorte

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is really pretty, thank you so much for joining us at Saturated Canary this time, huggles Pops x x x

Brodders said...

Lovely card :) Thanks for joining us at PTW and good luck x

Christine L said...

Hi Annette

Loving this fabbie SC image and how you've coloured her... your layout, as always... is perfect too!

Gorgeous card altogether!

Hugs
Christine x
PS... Have been watching The Hotel on Channel 4... it's in Torquay.. so I always think of you!! I can't believe anyone would want to stay in the place after this prog!

Unknown said...

So sweet. Thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week and good luck xx

Sharon said...

Perfect colouring, just love this SC image and your card is gorgeous. xx