Friday 15 August 2014

Geekin' It

Oh my word, I'm in love with these Maja Design papers called Coffee in the Arbour.  They are soooo my colours and I love the muted tones.  I coloured the image to match the papers and used lilac backing card to matt the layers.  I also used some of the paper to paper piece my Arianna Sprig die.

I love the stitched look around the panels which I think creates a bit of a vintage look and I rounded two of the corners around the image to soften it up a bit more.

I'm also getting into blonds at the moment, which makes a change from my usual brunettes.  I used E51, E53 and E31, but created some darker strands with a bit of DI Old Paper, so it's a real bit of mix and match!




Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



11 comments:

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Gorgeous card Annette, Love the layout and that darling image
Julie x

Carol S. said...

Beautiful image and a fantastic card. Coloured to perfection. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Really gorgeous! Love those papers too. Hugs, Wends x

Jacee said...

Lovely card Annette, fabulous colouring.
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Elise said...

OooH so STUNNING Annette and coloured so GORGEOUSLY! I love this SC image!!! And I agree, I love those Maja papers too!!! :)

Big Hugs,
Elise

Sarah said...

She's a great image Annette, love the apple balanced on her head!! Such pretty papers too ( still stroking mine!!) xx

Christine L said...

Loving how you've rounded the corners on the image panel... a clever idea (that I've logged of course)... really brings out the panel! And of course, you've no need to be told what fab colouring you're doing.. and that I am also in love with those papers!!

Big hugs
Christine x
PS.. also love how you've used your photo programme to do the close up of just the panel!

Chrissy said...

They ARE beautiful papers Annette..love the image and gorgeous colouring too..fabulous card.

luv CHRISSYxx

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous card Annette... those papers do look beautiful, but I must try to resist lol! Hugs, Lisa x

Linby said...

Lovely layout - well done on actually using the papers!
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
Lynn x
DT

Helen said...

Love the image, beautifully coloured. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges for our 'Back to school' challenge.

Hugs Helen P (DT) x