Monday 1 December 2014

Christmas Presents

I'm really trying hard to focus on improving my colouring at the moment.  To help my attempts I may have possibly ordered a few more markers.

OK, OK.  Maybe more than few!

It's actually hubby's b'day today, and I've been happy to let him assume all the packages that have been arriving lately might be for him as I've squirrelled  them away to the safety of my craft desk.

Luckily I'm fairly sure he'd not be as interested in some alcohol markers and a few Sugar Nellies as I am!

Anyway, back to my card ... I'm actually quite pleased with this one.  Firstly I love the cute teddy image, but also don't think I did too bad with the colouring either.

I really love this colour scheme; aqua and purple, and think it all comes together nicely with the simple layout and huge die cut sentiment.

I made this card to support the new challenge at Without Words Challenge where the theme is Christmas Present.  It's actually implying a modern Christmas, rather than the gift variety of the word, although I have covered both!



Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



23 comments:

Toni said...

Your coloring is fab! Love the palette youve chosen

Anonymous said...

Pretty!!!
Hugsss, Gaby

Helen in the UK said...

Love your card layout and stitched detail. The colouring is wonderful :)

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Gorgeous colouring Annette and fab design too.
Lorraine

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous image and colouring Annette and I love your card design and fabulous stitching..

luv CHRISSYxx

Sarah said...

I sincerely hope you bought him more than one thing then to corroborate the story Annette!! Love this card, Jenny is such a cutie and the layout is perfect. Great die cut sentiment too xx

KT Fit Kitty said...

Beautiful card! Love the stitched semi-circle! Gorgeous colouring as well!

Whisper said...

Oooo gorgeous i so love purple and blue colour combo and a cutie of an image too, Luv Sam x

Stephie Boots said...

Aw that teddy is so cute! Beautiful card!xx

Carole Pollard said...

Stunning design I love this stamp and these LOTV papers gorgeous Love and hugs Carole x

Brawny x said...

Absolutely gorgeous card. Fab image and your colouring is amazing. Really tickled me about hiding parcels..I think we've all done that as crafters lol ..Lea x
www.cardsbybrawny.blogspot.co.uk

Christine L said...

Absolutely gorgeous as always Annette... I love the off the page circle (don't know how else to describe it) idea.. and yes, that aqua and lilac look so good together! You've really rocked the teddy colouring too!

I hope you did also spoil your hubbie being as it was his birthday!

Big hugs
Christine x

Anita said...

A beautiful card and your coloring is gorgeous! Love the colors you used too!

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous! Fab layout and love this sweet bear... lovely card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

PS. yes, you can have a puppy... tell hubby it's his birthday pressie lol xx

Carol S. said...

Stunning card and love your colouring. Congrats on getting runner up in the card maker of the year. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Annette, so cute and your colouring is beautiful.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Squirrel x said...

I've said it before, and I will say it again - your colourwork is awesome missus! Love this sweet little bear, and yes, the purple and aqua work so well. Fabulous CAS layout, brilliant indeed. Hugs xx

Elise said...

Annette! This is just sooooo DARLING!!!! I love this image so much .. she is a doll isn't she?! You've coloured her so GORGEOUSLY and love this color combo!

Big Hugs,
Elise

Poppet said...

Your colouring is fabulous Netty. You're right the purple and aqua look fab together.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

Larissa said...

Love this card. The layout is perfect. I really like how you colored the bear. I love the look of the really dark shadows.

Xx

Emma Williams said...

Such a pretty card and so beautifully coloured! Thank you for sharing your project and for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Happy Christmas... :)

Anonymous said...

Awwww super cute card love the colours too! hugs me x

Kat W said...

All round gorgeous, love this image and the colours are so pretty :-)

I hope hubby had a lovely birthday and hope you are enjoying the new markers!

Big hugs, Kat xx