Saturday 20 February 2016

House Mouse Notepad

My husband asked me for a scrap paper to make some notes so I decided to make him a notepad. I cut up some A4 paper into quarters and added a cover, binding it together with my Zutter binding machine. I used brass coloured wires to match the natural colour combo, and used a sweet little House Mouse image which matches the note theme. Ironically the papers are from Lili of the Valley's Country Lady pad (now retired) but I've used them more for masculine themed projects as they're neutral colours rather than lots of pinks and purples.  He seemed quite pleased with it. Hopefully now I'll stop finding his scribblings all over used envelopes, the corners of the newspaper and folded up bits of printer paper.



I've used the sketch from Sketch Saturday where the new challenge starts today.  Here's the sketch which I rotated anti-clockwise:



Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



16 comments:

Unknown said...

This is great Annette, love the image and papers. My hubby could do with one of these instead of writing phone numbers on scraps all the time lol

Hugs, Kaz x

Rene said...

Absolutely adorable! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations! Good luck,
Rene

Sarah said...

So cute...and useful!! xx

Chrissy said...

Fabulous notebook Annette..love the little mouse with his pen..fabulous project.

luv CHRISSYxx

Unknown said...

Evening Annette what a great idea and your design is wonderful.
Debs xxx
{Debs Cards}


Carole Pollard said...

Great idea I love this design Love and hugs Carole x

Carol S. said...

Fab notebook and a cute mouse. Don't tell him I said it was cute!! Love the papers......very manly! Have a happy Sunday. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Christine L said...

That is lovely Annette..... too good for hubby though isn't it?? Whats the matter with a few scraps of paper held together with a staple>?? hehe!

Hugs
Christine x

Larissa said...

This looks fabulous Annette! I love the amsculin colors and the image is really sweet.

-xxx-

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

So cute Annette! Love the notebook design and such a cute image. Hugs, Wends x

CraftyNatalie said...

Great house mouse creation.Thanks for joining in at Creative Inspirations!
CraftyNatalie: DT
http://craftynataliesblog.blogspot.com

Deborah said...

Gorgeous little note book, love the image.
Deborah A

Kat W said...

A great masculine design, cute image and it sounds like it was much appreciated :-)
Big hugs, Kat xx

Squirrel x said...

Awhhhhhh, tis little Amanda! What a cute cute CUTE notebook hunny, far too nice for hubby scribble. I hope he appreciates you. You clever bean. I'm too scared of my binder, it bit me once and I'm sure it looks at me funny. Hugs xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous hunny! I love this I must really get my zutter out and make a few of these! you did a brilliant job! xx

Anne said...

I love this Annette and that stamp is perfect! Your Husband will find it very useful. I bought a cinch on a whim last year and have never used it - you've inspired me!!

Anne x