Sunday 24 July 2016

Hello Chickie (and some new pens)

Today's card is as clean and simple as they come with one layer design featuring a Stamping Bella image. I inked the edges of the layer to give it a bit of a frame!

I treated myself to a new set of watercolour (Docrafts Artiste Dual Tip) pens yesterday and I've tried them out for the first time on this image. They were fairly smooth to blend with the paintbrush and lovely bright colours compared to some of the DI reinkers.  Another benefit I can see with them is that they're ultra portable, unlike the reinkers which would get a bit messy if I tried to transport them! The pens came in a tidy little case which was a real bonus.

Considering this was my first attempt with them, I was fairly pleased.  I think I need a bit more practice with them, but I think they're gonna be fun!



Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



11 comments:

Nataliascraft said...

What a sweet image and your colouring is beautiful x

Sarah said...

Beautiful work Annette!! You know what I am going to say...frame it!! xx

Carol S. said...

Brilliant image and sweet card. The pens I sometimes use are Marvy Le Plumme but I don't see them about any more. I use them direct onto stamps. Are these pens similar do you think? Hugs, Carol S.xx

Carole Pollard said...

Such a cute card the stamp is gorgeous Must take a look at these pens as not heard of them. I lead a sheltered life !! Love and hugs Carole x

Aileen said...

Beautiful colouring, great image. Do love those stamps from stamping bella. I was wondering would you do a review on these watercolour pens, always good to know whats next on the road tocolouring?

Christine L said...

They look fabulous to me Annette.... though not heard of those pens before. I bought some Zig Clean Colour pens a few weeks back, but haven't really had the impetus to give them a proper go as yet... watch this space!

I also coloured a chickie image yesterday - the garden one.. it's on my desk waiting to be magically made into a card. Maybe we're all into chicks at the moment?? It's not Easter... is it?? hehe!

Big hugs
Christine x

Larisa said...

Aww, such a pretty image and sooo beautifully coloured.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous CAS card Annette! The image is super cute and so beautifully coloured.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Jenny said...

Your colouring is fantastic, those pens look great and a great image to use for that colour palette too :) Thanks for playing along with our challenge this month at Seven Hills Crafts :)
Jenny x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

First time?! Amazing!! I'll have to research those, first I've come across them, so thanks for sharing. Love your sweet image and the gorgeous bright colours. Joyful, cute, happy card. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Kat W said...

This image definitely looks great in sunny yellow and your shading looks fab so I think it's safe to say the new pens are a hit! I believe I have a few of those stashed away somewhere so might have to give them a try.
The one layer design works so well for this image and the stitched and inked edge looks great...but I would say that wouldn't I?!
Big hugs, Kat xx